How can we improve GuySpy for iPhone?

The guys should be organized by distance

The guy should be organized by distance not just sporadically placed wherever like someone who is 30 miles away from you should not be closer than someone who's like .5 miles away from you.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Johnnyboi20Johnnyboi20 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  DeveloperDeveloper responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback. We believe we offer a more useful sorting of users than simply distance. We also take into account how recently users were online and whether the user has a profile image into our sorting. This gives you the closest guys who are most likely to interact with you.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jak25_DJak25_D commented  · 

Do you even know why you made this app, or why guys use it? Il tell you, since you've obviously put on blinders. It's to hook up! Or meet up. And that typically depends largely on easily seeing how close or far guys are from each other. Why is that not important, in your eyes?

Do your homework! This is one of the PRIMARY reasons I use this app a handful of times in a year; if not for old chats and favorites I still keep, I'd have ditched it two years ago.

• MsKathoeyMsKathoey commented  · 

Yes, well some believe in Santa Claus too, but most know better!
        Your statment is indicitive of a lazy copout!

• country10122country10122 commented  · 

The sorting on this app makes this app pointless... This could be a good app if it sorted by distance and not all that other shit. Some people don't have a preference of height or all that other stuff that just want to see the guys in there are area and choose from that list. EVERY other app has that ability. If you want to make this app different than the others, find a different way. Your losing users to the other apps.

• eg2mxeg2mx commented  · 

That all good and all- the ability to sort by photo or not - that's pretty much standard on any app!!! It's nothing special.

You mentioned you offer more useful sorting abilities??? Yeah they don't work. I tried a filter to limit searches to 5 miles - but the results are so random and 44 miles is not within the 5 mile radius.

I strongly suggest updating your sorting abilities - ie make it standard to sort by distance - it just makes sense. Currently the randomness is crazy. Lists shows people from 1 mile to 45 miles to 100+ in no apparent order. THEN add your other sorting options that users can choose

Again rethink your policy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base